Before delegating a domain name to the .si zone, nameservers must pass predelegation tests. You can test your domain name by entering its name (e.g. domain.si) and the IP address of the primary nameserver for the domain name in the fields below (if the primary nameserver is within a domain name that is already delegated, you can use the nameserver’s name instead of its IP address).
- the first 8 hours after the change of domain name servers every 10 minutes;
- 8-24 hours after the change every 1 hour;
- 24 hours after the change once a day.
Every update (adding or deleting a nameserver) will reset the regime, meaning a domain name will go through a predelegation test every 10 minutes.
Upon successful check of domain the technical contact gets a notice. They also receive a report in case of an error in the domain verification process. In the report there is also a number of unsuccessful check and the date and time of next scheduled check.
Basic technical requirements
- For each domain name there must be one primary and at least one secondary server. We recommend that at least one secondary server be located at a different site.
- Domain name data must include an SOA (Start of Authority) record. The data on the domain server in the SOA must be the name of the primary server. The serial number and the time intervals must conform to general Internet recommendations.
- Under Internet standards on electronic mail, the address email@example.com must be operational, so that MX records for the domain must be defined.
- NS records must refer to operating DNS servers. All domain data on all servers must match.
- Nameservers for a specific domain name listed in the registry (Arnes) must match actual records on the authoritative nameservers for the particular domain name.
Recommended values for SOA records:
Refresh 8 hours (28,800 seconds)
Retry 2 hours (7,200 seconds)
Expire 7 days (604,800 seconds)
Time To Live 1 day (86,400 seconds)
Some other parameters
Sample NS records for domain.si:
domain.si. IN NS primary.domain.si
domain.si. IN NS secondary-1.domain.si
domain.si. IN NS secondary-2.domain.si